I’m not a creature of habit, but I do have this daily, as it’s packed with goodness, quick to make, easy to drink (even on the run, or in the shower in my case!) and being a complex meal, keeps you full for longer and with lots of slow release energy avoids sugar spiking.
- One banana – fibre, manganese, vitamin B6 and C – maintaining blood pressure & heart health, protection against asthma & cancer
– Half an avocado – monounsaturated fats, vitamin E, potassium, folic acid – digestion, metabolic health & weight loss
– Third cup frozen kale – fibre, magnesium, niacin, calcium – warding off cancer, heart disease, diabetes
– Third cup porridge oats – carbohydrate, protein, fibre, minerals – good for digestion, reducing risk of obesity & bowel cancer
– Handful of nuts: brazil, hazel, walnut – mono-unsaturated fats, plus selenium, iron, melatonin respectively – lowering cholesterol, heart health & weight control
– Few prunes – fibre, vitamin K, phenols and beta-carotene – lowering cholesterol & risk of diabetes, bone health & reduced risk osteoporosis
– Desert spoon tahini paste – calcium, phosphorous, lecithin, methionine – healthy cell growth & muscle tone
– Half teaspoon turmeric – anti-inflammatory, antioxidants – pain relief, protection against cancer & depression
– Cup of milk (non dairy if you prefer) – protein, calcium and, the much highlighted recently, vitamin D – cell renewal – hair and nails, muscle growth & repair
Blitz, enjoy and feel fuller for longer!